1. Hello, thank you for your time, please introduce yourself in a few words!
I’m Chris aka TheFatRat. Mostly known as a composer and music producer.
2. Please give us an update about – your new single, new album, tour dates, new videos?!
I’m releasing my first studio album! I started releasing original songs in 2014 but so far I have only done singles. After I few dozen singles and several billion plays on them I finally decided it would be a good time to do a bigger body of work. The album is called PARALLAX and has 10 songs which will be released one song each week. Every song has its own animated artwork and the songs together with the visuals tell one consecutive story. People always tell me that my music takes them on a journey and with an entire album I hope that it’s even more so.
3. Name 5 things we all should know about you as an artist?
– My music is free to use for content creators on social media and YouTube.
– I’m making “Gaming Music” which is music that is culturally rooted in the video game community.
– My artist name comes from my nickname in school.
– You don’t have to call me by my artist name. “Chris” is fine.
– I’m releasing my music completely independent without any record label.
4. What fashion style or brand would best describe your music?
5. Do you have bad habits? A guilty pleasure you can’t seem to quit?
Way too many! Including: Coffee and all forms of procrastination. Also I love eating way too much. And I’m good at forgetting-on-which-weekday-I-
6. Beside music, do you have any special talents?
Not sure if I’m very talented at this, but I find the business side of music very important when you are an artist. It’s true that the music industry is a shark tank and you gotta know your stuff otherwise you’ll be eaten alive. One thing that is really important for me is to share whatever I know about the music business with other artists. With the right knowledge we can find our place and sustain ourselves. Without we’re just prey for people who try to make a quick buck.
7. Being on stage feels like….!
It’s simply the best. I love being on stage and giving everything.
8. Must Have – and No-Go in your Wardrobe! – Favorite Fashion Brand and Fragrance?
Must have: White casual collared shirt
No-Go: Completely black outfits outside of a funeral
9. A question you’d like to answer, but never been asked in an interview before?! With an answer please…
A question that I get a lot, but never in an interview:
How do you hack the algorithm on YouTube?
There is no trick. At least not for me. It’s all about the music. If the music connects with the people, everything else will come automatically.