1. Hello, thank you for your time, please introduce yourself in a few words!
Hey whoever happens to be reading this. I’m Sam Vance-Law, a Canadian Musician living in Berlin. My first record was about gay life as I saw it lived around me. My second record is about getting my heart pulverized by a meat hammer. Metaphorically.
2. Please give us an update about – new single, new album, tour dates, new videos?!
I’m bringing a new record out, Goodbye, on the 6th of May 2022, then we’ll be on tour in May too. Tickets for shows, pre-orders of the record, and the singles we’ve already released can all be found online.
3. Name 5 things we all should know about you as an artist?!
Only tell the truth. Pretty orchestral. Kinda gay. Ambiguous. Funny.
4. What fashion style or brand would best describe your music?
I am haute couture.
5. Tell us more about your songs! Topics! Message!?
So my first record was about gay life as we lead it. Love. Heartbreak. Going out. Dreaming of men while kissing your wife goodnight. Getting beat up for dancing with a boy. The usual. This second record is about getting your heart completely and utterly shredded. It makes great background music if you’re just hanging. But if you listen in your gonna be crying. Or, at least, like really really stoically upset.
6. Beside music, do you have any special talents?
Zero other talents. I barely get dressed in the morning. I have heard of cooking but not yet attempted it. Oh, I can drink coffee like a pro though.
7. Being on stage feels like….!
Home. Also like soiling yourself in public. It’s a strange experience.
8. How did you learn to sing/ to write/ to play??
I was a choirboy in Oxford. That’s how it happened.
9. A question you’d like to answer, but never been asked in an interview before?! + Answer pls
What lies at the core of your music-making process as a fundamental drive? Probably trying to create beauty.