1. Thank you very much for your time! Before we introduce your new release to our readers – what kind of drink would you recommend to zip on while they listen to your new music?
I’m feeling this is a glass of red wine type of record!
2. Please give us an update about – new single, new album, tour dates, new videos?!
We just released a new album this month which we’re really excited about called “You’re not a bad person, its just a Bad World”. It has 4 fully animated music videos and touches on themes we’ve probably all been struggling with since the pandemic. We are leaving for a full US tour starting Sept 7th in Seattle. 32 shows across America, our biggest tour to date! Going to be a wild ride.
3. Name 5 things we all should know about you as a band?!
- None of us are American
- We’re primarily an animated band
- We’re from Vancouver, Canada
- We have 2 Slovak’s in the band
- None of us like the same music!!! Lol
4. What fashion style or brand would best describe your music?
Street style but a little eccentric.
5. We live in times of many conspiracy theories. Which, harmless, theory would you wish were true? (For example Dinos living inside Earth or E.T. living in a home in California)
That aliens are living with us on Earth!!
6. If you could change anything about the industry, what would it be?
Getting rid of pre-saves. I just hate the pre-save culture. Every artist, even the largest in the world, are begging fans to pre-save to try and manipulate an algorithm in their favor. I just think this whole new movement in marketing music for pre-saves sucks. We do it too, so i don’t want to be a hypocrite, its the game you gotta play. Just don’t like it and i don’t think fans do either. When’s the last time you actually pre-saved a song because you genuinely wanted to and not because your favourite band guilted you into it?
7. Tell us more about your songs! Topics! Message!?
We like to tackle tough subject matter. Mental health, corruption, politics, love, current events. We don’t really shy away from any topics. We always try and have depth in our lyrics and music and i think that’s what Rare Americans fans really connect with. We also have become known as “story tellers” as we always try and take real life examples and discuss important topics through the power of storytelling, not us just preaching.
8. A question you’d like to answer, but never been asked in an interview before?! + Answer pls
Why did you get into music?
I grew up listening to great music, thanks to my parents. They liked Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell, Tom Waits, The Beatles. While they didn’t play music, they exposed me and my bro’s to great lyricists who had something to say. I think that always stuck with me and I liked writing ever since I was a kid. When i was playing in the WHL (hockey) I bought a guitar and pretty quickly wrote a song. From there, it was like a drug I couldn’t get enough of.
Your Instagram: @rareamericans