1. Hello, thank you for your time, please introduce yourself in a few words!
Hi, thanks for having us! 🙂
Our real names are Oliver (22 years) & Julian (20 years) and together we form Dymd.
We are two brothers from Bavaria in Germany with the passion to make music together.
2. Please give us an update about – new single, new album, tour dates, new videos?!
We have a new single that will be released soon. It’s called „Echoes“ and it deals with the issue of overthinking too much in life. We think a lot of people can relate with this…
Besides “Echoes”, we also have two more singles in the making. That’s probably not enough for a whole full album yet, but we’re doing our best. Maybe next year there will be an album ready if we continue at this pace.
3. Name 5 things we all should know about you as a duo?!
– we are brothers
– we live in the same space
– we are also like best friends
– we have shared dreams and goals in life
– but…we still do not always agree…haha
4. What fashion style or brand would best describe your music?
Neither of us is really into that fashion thing.
But we feel that we can’t really compare our music to a brand anyway, because each of our tracks is actually always a standalone and we don’t copy or recreate the sound we used on a previous track.
We want each track to be unique.
That’s why we can’t answer this question.
5. What’s your songwriting process?
This is a simple question…
In 90% of the cases it’s like this: I (Julian) come to Oliver with an idea and he first thinks it’s really bad and tells me why it won’t work out.
Then we sit down together and try it out a bit. And then we usually come up with something cool together.
At that point, I usually go out and let Oliver do his thing, and when I come back in, he’s often over-euphoric and really feeling the track.
That’s how the process goes almost every time.
6. If you could change anything about the industry, what would it be?
Can’t go into detail here because we haven’t been in this business that long. But it is definitely though and very hard to prevail.
7. Tell us more about your songs! Topics! Message!?
Our current single „Armor Up“ deals with the end of a relationship and how to regain strength and look positively to the future again.
The message of the song is that you have to put your „armor back up“ when you are caught in a situation like this.
8. A question you’d like to answer, but never been asked in an interview before
So far no one has asked us what our goal with the music is. Our aim is to reach as many people as possible, who can empathize with the songs to make their day a little better.