1. Thank you very much for your time! Before we introduce your new release to our readers – what kind of drink would you recommend to zip on while they listen to your new music?
That DJ Verse@ille special baby, cocalero ginger beer with a slice of lime. If non-alcoholic go and pour yourself a nice big glass of H20 and stay hydrated
2. Please give us an update about – new single, new album, tour dates, new videos?!
The new single “Keep Ya Head Up” is going well. I’m getting a lot of love and positive feedback on it, had a few DM’s from people saying that the song has really helped them so that warms my heart and is partly why we do this stuff… Man, I’ve put out so many songs this year leading up to the single some dope collabs with the likes of REAGS & ACP Reags n I actually just done a music vid for “SKY HIGH” from the RIDZY REAGS EP so that’ll be out 24th of november, linking up with some dope local videographers so going to have plenty more visuals otw. No tour yet, but it’s summer, festival season. HMU for them good vibes.
3. We live in times of many conspiracy theories. Which, harmless, theory would you wish were true? (For example Dinos living inside Earth or E.T. living in a home in California)
BRAAAAHHHHH don’t get me started, please. To keep it simple, I’m pretty adamant that there are people out there with superpowers. Do you all remember the TV show “HEROES” where there was an eclipse and people just started getting powers? Well. I’ve been praying for something like that to actually happen since I was in primary school.
4. What fashion style or brand would best describe your music?
Skater Steez with a bitta Hobo Chic
5. Tell us more about your songs! Topics! Message!?
I figure I’m either making songs as a message and reminder to myself to stay positive, appreciate life and try to be happy, or I’m trying to unravel the years spent searching for answers on wtf life is, why we are here, whether or not we are in the matrix or not, spirituality and then there’s a part of me that just thinks none of this matters anyways and I’ll say some stuff that I don’t even what it means but it feels good.
6. Besides music, do you have any special talents?
Gonna sound like a wank but, I’m a little bit good at just about anything but my ADHD brain won’t allow me to get great at anything before I get bored of it so still pretty much useless ahaha
7. Name 5 things we all should know about you as an artist?!
I actually love making songs
apparently I’m a decent performer
I’m weird, I’ve heard it so much now I just embrace it.
I’m a black fulla
N I’m fkn DEADLY!! Laaaaaaaahhhh
8. How did you learn to sing/ to write/ to play??
I still don’t think I have any clue on what I’m doing ahaha I just be throwing a bunch of sounds together till it makes me feel better, or till I’m sick of trying to figure out what’s missing from the song, which I have no idea where to even begin, so instead of raging out I just say that’ll do and decide that it’s finished anyway. Then writing a song is very much the same process. I think of something that I like and then try to rhyme with it as much as possible and try my best to make sense of it all and have a purpose. if not I’ll just say anything that rhymes and tell myself that it’s possible to make sense of so I don’t rage out.
9. A question you’d like to answer, but never been asked in an interview before?! + Answer pls
Childhood Hero? Didier Drogba
Your Instagram: @ridzyray
Photo: Jacinta Keefe