1. Hello, thank you for your time, please introduce yourself in a few words!
Hey there, this is Max from Neptunica, and I am a producer and DJ of EDM (electronic dance music) from Germany. I perform in clubs and on festivals and my music gets played a lot on streaming platforms such as Spotify and Apple Music. My focus lies in catchy and high energetic EDM-beats, that invite to sing along and dance excessively.
2. Please give us an update about – new single, new album, tour dates, new videos?!
My latest single is a collaboration together with Beachbag and is called „Runaways“. But I release new music on a pretty regular basis, so in any case, it’s worth checking out my artist profile regularly on your favourite streaming platform and have a look, what’s the latest stuff. Some of my songs also get a video, which get’s uploaded on my labels YouTube channel Kontor TV. The last time, we made a video, it was for my single „Marble“ which has a really cute storyline.
3. Name 5 things we all should know about you as an artist?!
– Just can’t stop brushing my hair back when performing
– I got no pigments on my elbows‘-skin
– As my name is „Neptunica“ (latin god of the sea), one of my biggest hits is called Poseidon (greek god of the sea)
– I call my fans „sailors“ and my logo is a compass with anchors in it.
– I don’t do Neptunica all by myself. It’s all teamwork, together with my friend Nick.
4. What fashion style or brand would best describe your music?
I don’t think it is good to define yourself by what brand you wear and my music shall not exclude any person or style, so there is no brand or fashion-style that would describe my music directly. But I personally like Off-White and the message behind it. Furthermore I’m mostly wearing a sporty look with sneakers.
5. Tell us more about your songs! Topics! Message!?
As a producer of electronic music, I am mainly responsible for the instrumental, so my music is mostly about the sound of the synthesizers, drums, effects and the feeling you get when you get overwhelmed by a powerful bassline and an atmospheric instrumental.
But as I recap the lyrics of my songs, the message keeps being striving for freedom, having fun, working out and of course love, depending on how you want to understand the words. The strongest message is probably in my song „Figure it Out“, which describes a pretty hopeless daily situation in the verses, but in the chorus, „Things are gonna change“ and „We’re gonna figure it out.“ I work together with really skilled songwriters, so most of the it’s teamwork again. Many of my songs are written in groups in songwriting-camps and in the end, nobody really knows who wrote which word and who was in charge for which melody.
6. Beside music, do you have any special talents?
I really like riding long-board and gaming but I’m not impressively good at it.
7. Being on stage feels like….!
… being on Ecstasy, whereat I have never taken Ectasy. It is hard to describe, but it is a huge surge of adrenaline for sure and one of the most-fun things I can imagine. It’s like a dream that should never end.
8. How did you learn to sing/ to write/ to play??
I learned producing music just by doing it for many years. I actually started when I was 10. It sounded horrible in the beginning and kept getting better. Also I learned from people I met along the way.
„What’s A question you’d like to answer, but never been asked in an interview before?“
The answer is the question itself!