1. Hello, thank you for your time, please introduce yourself in a few words!
I’m Pranay Sharma, also known as MÜNE and am the first ever Indian artist to be signed by Ultra Music. I’m a chill house producer who grew up in the middle of Madhya Pradesh, India and have been deeply inspired by the late Tim Bergling (Avicii) to make music. Having arisen out of poverty, where the only computer I had access to was in an internet cafe miles from my home, I spent countless hours perfecting my craft before going onto be supported by Petit Biscuit, BBC Radio London and more!
2. Please give us an update about – new single, new album, tour dates, new videos?!
My recent single ‚Better With You ft. Tors‘ was released on 20th November via Ultra music. and I’ve got another single coming in 2021 called ‚Room‘. I’m working on more new music for 2021, but unfortunately I dont have any tours or shows planned at the moment.
3. Name 5 things we all should know about you as an artist?!
#1. I’m known for my own sounds and style
#2. Avicii is the reason why I’m doing today
#3. I’m the first and only Indian ever who become official artist of Ultra music
#4. I love beer a lot. I don’t drink any other alcohol and want to travel so I can try different types of beer
#5. I’d love to be nominated for a Grammy one day and inspire millions like avicii inspired me. That is one of my biggest dreams,l
4. What fashion style or brand would best describe your music?
I think my fashion sense suits my music. I like casual wear such as a large comfy t-shirt and trousers. Cosy, chilled and something you’d wear whilst driving in the sunset.
5. Do you have bad habits? A guilty pleasure you can’t seem to quit?
I don’t have any bad habits, nor have any guilty pleasure
6. Beside music, do you have any special talents?
I know how to cook Indian food
7. Being on stage feels like….!
being on top of the world. It’s like a reward for all the hard work you’ve put in.
8. Must Have – and No-Go in your Wardrobe! – Favorite Fashion Brand and Fragrance?
As I like casual wear, some of my must have’s are joggers, large t-shirts and caps. I tend to dress in H&M or Nike, but don’t have a preference when it comes to fragrance… whatever smells good (haha!)
9. A question you’d like to answer, but never been asked in an interview before?! + Answer pls
#How difficult is it to come from an Indian home and pick an untraditional career path?
: it’s the most difficult thing. In India you cant chase your dreams if you came from a humble background. Your parents force you to study hard and settle down, but it’s only for the sake of our future so we can have a better life than them. I’m so lucky that my father never stopped me from chasing my dreams, I may still struggling financially but I’m at least happy and now getting ahead step by step