1. Thank you very much for your time! Before we introduce your new release to our readers – what kind of drink would you recommend to sip on while they listen to your new music?
Hmmm, I’d say pour a glass of cognac on the rocks, (preferably Henny haha) and press play.
2. Please give us an update about your new single, new album, tour dates, new videos?
So we just released Young Blood. Going to be dropping ‘Hello’ in August. Also have two more visuals dropping off of the project. Actually for two of my favorite songs. We’re going to be releasing the tracklist for the project soon. I have a performance coming up on August 15th at the Art in the Park Festival in Leamington Spa.
3. We live in times of many conspiracy theories. Which, harmless, theory would you wish were true? (For example Dinos living inside Earth or E.T. living in a home in California)
That’s a dope question. One conspiracy theory I wished were true would probably be that Tupac is still alive. I’d laugh my ass off (i don’t know why haha). I feel like the music world would literally pause.
4. What fashion style or brand would best describe your music?
If i had to choose a brand. I’d probably say Carthart. Specifically the work coats. If you know what you’re doing you can dress it up and dress it down even actually wear it to work. I feel like my music has elements to it that represent working hard and being broke but also feeling like you made it already. That’s a Carthart Work Coat.
5. Tell us more about your songs. Topics? Message?
My songs are just me to be honest. I’ve realized that in talking about what’s real to me, I’m talking about what’s real to people because we all go through similar things in one way or another whether it be love, financial issues, feeling alone, wanting to be in a better position. I feel like the message throughout my music is to be vulnerable, you can be real about what going on in your heart and mind
6. Beside music, do you have any special talents?
Naa I believe music is my talent. Just words in general really. Grew up loving basketball, but I fell out of love with it when I fell in love with music.
7. Name 5 things we all should know about you as an artist
I don’t know how to give up.
Every song is real to me, nothing fabricated.
I’m all love
I genuinely love fashion
I don’t want to be famous, I want my music to be famous.
8. How did you learn to rap and write
Back in elementary school, probably like 2nd grade. We used to have these little rap battles at lunch and you had to come with your hardest couple bars that you wrote the night before, those were was my first attempts at writing. English was always my favorite subject, loved writing poetry. I started getting close with my cousins in Barbados who had a group called Blackhill and they really sparked it and showed that I could pen a verse. So I guess me learning to rap is just a culmination of all of that to be honest.
9. A question you’d like to answer, but never been asked in an interview before?! + Answer
What is the real reason you do what you do and are trying to “make it”?
The reason I want to make it is for my family. Putting the people around me in a better position. Knowing I can bless people that have blessed me. I always say when I make it, you’re gonna see everyone around in a chain except me.