1. Hello, thank you for your time, please introduce yourself in a few words!
What’s up guys my name is Jonah and I’m just a kid tryna live out his dreams born and raised in NYC. Musically, I’ve found tons of influence in New Orleans where I attended 19 jazz festivals. I’ve also been inspired musically from my dad, who is the drummer of Ultrasound the Band. I grew up playing drums and piano though mainly focus on singing and songwriting. I wrote my first song at 12 years old and took my first vocal lesson at 13.
2. Please give us an update about – new single, new album, tour dates, new videos?!
I dropped a new single last week titled „LAZY ALL DAY“. This song is about waking up next to someone and thinking you don’t want to do anything else but stay with them all day. Skip all your plans, push things off to tomorrow, just to give 100% of your attention to them. It’s one of my favorite records I’ve ever made. I fused pop guitar with jazzy saxophone to create a nice balance for my vocals.
3. Name 5 things we all should know about you as an artist?!
1. I am constantly pushing my limits.
2. I experiment with musical styles and try to push the boundaries of new genres.
3. Many of my friends are musicians and I am always trying to incorporate their skills into my projects.
4. My dad is a drummer and a professional photographer. Much of my inspiration stems from his artistic side.
5. I can completely memorize the lyrics to a rap song that I am fond of within 1-2 listens!
4. What fashion style or brand would best describe your music?
5. Tell us more about your songs! Topics! Message!?
I write about my life. I also write about others‘ lives through my own lens. „Cold Cities“ off my debut EP was written on behalf of my good friend and artist Ross Miller, who came to me at a time of heartbreak. We formed this idea that he was never made for romance, and that all the energy he put into this person had been a waste. We wrote the chorus and verses as if we were both one person, singing about this experience.
I also write to be clever. I love wordplay, and realized at a young age I have strengths in language. My songs all have metaphors, similis, alliteration, you know, all that good stuff. Oh, and also, each one tells its own story. Just go read my lyrics on GENIUS if you’re curious! GENIUS
6. Beside music, do you have any special talents?
7. Being on stage feels like….!
Feels good. What else can I say!
8. How did you learn to sing/ to write/ to play??
I Learned drums from my father, piano myself, and singing from a few voice instructors. All started around 12 years old. I learned how to write from experience. Living life gives you things to talk about. Listening to other people’s stories gives you even more to write about. Relating stories, experiences, and feelings to the audience is something I’ve always tried to do and will try to get even better at this year!
9. A question you’d like to answer, but never been asked in an interview before?! + Answer pls
If you could make an album with one artist, who would it be? MAC MILLER OR YOUNG THUG.
Your Instagram: @heist__