1. Thank you very much for your time! Before we introduce your new release to our readers – what kind of drink would you recommend to zip on while they listen to your new music?
2. Please give us an update about – new single, new album, tour dates, new videos?!
My new single Don’t Need Your Love has just come out, it’s available on all streaming platforms as well as the music video which has reached 100k views! I will also be performing at lay low on the 26th which is exciting!
3. We live in times of many conspiracy theories. Which, harmless, theory would you wish were true? (For example Dinos living inside Earth or E.T. living in a home in California)
I’d like believe that when we die we wake up in another dimension(another version of our lives in a different universe)
That way we would be able to live many lives!
4. What fashion style or brand would best describe your music?
I would say a mix of Chanel and Mugler!
5. Tell us more about your songs! Topics! Message!?
I would say my songs are generally about tormented relationships, personal growth and living your life! My songs have been written from the start of young adulthood so it’s really about that transitioning phase, learning, facing many hard truths, battling yourself and getting through. But also still having a good time partying and being young.
6. Beside music, do you have any special talents?
I love dancing and I’m especially good at Latin American dancing, especially salsa. I can pick it up very quickly!
7. Name 5 things we all should know about you as an artist?!
I trained as a dancer for many years professionally, I have Sri Lankan heritage, my grandpa was a famous pop singer, my passion is to grow the dark pop genre, I have a huge interest in fashion and I want to do many collabs with designers.
8. How did you learn to sing/ to write/ to play??
I’ve sung all my life as I was classically trained from about 6 years old. I then started composing music at the age of 9 on the piano but my love for song writing really started at about 13 years old.
9. A question you’d like to answer, but never been asked in an interview before?! + Answer pls
I’d love to be asked, ‘which artist would you like to support on tour’ and my answer would be, „I would absolutely love to support Raye.“