1. Thank you very much for your time! Before we introduce your new release to our readers – what kind of drink would you recommend to sip on while they listen to your new music?
That’s a great question… mmm, something warm and wavy.
Something you can let your thoughts run to.
Maybe an old smooth whiskey, some brown liquor you can simmer to.
2. Please give us an update about the new single and video for HOLD ONTO YOUR LIGHT?
I’m really excited about the new single – it’s an electronic infused alternative RNB bop that travels and doesn’t violate the vibe.
It was actually the first song I did when I arrived in Jersey in the US and producer Wares Danny produced the beat and that was the first thing I sang on the spot and it stuck.
The video was a lot of fun – I’ve always wanted to shoot a video in New York and was just super grateful to be able to pull it all together.
It’s a fluid energy I’m grateful to share.
3. We live in times of many conspiracy theories. Which, harmless, theory would you wish were true? (For example Dinos living inside Earth or E.T. living in a home in California)
I’m the wrong person to ask (hahaha). I got some cooked ideas and love a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy. I think truth is stranger than fiction sometimes.
I think ET is definitely kicking back in Hollywood somewhere. In fact, when I was in New York recently looking around thinking this place is peculiar – made me think the movie Men In Black was real (haha), crazy place New York lol
4. What fashion style or brand would best describe your music?
Alternative RNB with Electronic and soulful influences
5. Tell us more about your songs! General themes? Message?
I generally write from my own experiences. A lot of love songs, lot of songs inspired by areas I grew up or people and experiences that are close to me. I write whatever I’m connected to.
6. Beside music, do you have any special talents?
I don’t know about special talent – but I love to dance, I also just love being super active so yeah have a few hobbies that I love.
7. Name 5 things we all should know about you as an artist?!
I’m a producer, singer/songwriter and I direct and edit my own video clips. I spent a long time working on my craft to be able to confidently say that.
8. How did you learn to sing/ to write/ to play?
I’ve always loved melody and always wanted to make songs I thought were honest and beautiful. Dad gave me a guitar when I was 12 and I messed around and taught myself enough piano to get by. Production wise, I went to SAE (The Creative Music Institute, Australia) and completed the Electronic Music Production Course and did the Audio Engineering Bachelor, plus also taught myself. Videography, I taught myself and was working for a big company and trained under a great team of people as a videographer and professional editor and just did lots of it.
9. A question you’d like to answer, but never been asked in an interview before?! + Answer pls
I think this interview has been really interesting actually… mmmm, if I’m sitting across from the right person I’d like to talk about frequencies and pedigrees of expression and individual perspectives and what it means from different people’s perspectives to maybe capture “lighting in a bottle”.