1. Thank you very much for your time! Before we introduce your new release to our readers – what kind of drink would you recommend to zip on while they listen to your new music?
I would definitely say something to match the vibe of this track. I’m sober, and currently on a sugar detox, so when I went out last weekend it was a sugar free Red Bull to get me in the mood. I think that matches the track perfectly actually, high energy, a little trashy and very 2000’s.
2. Please give us an update about – new single, new album, tour dates, new videos?!
My latest single is called Body Bag, it’s the first track that I’ve released this year, and the third single from my debut album. It’s a very fun one and quite different from anything I’ve released before, it’s been described by most as Pop-Rap.
3. We live in times of many conspiracy theories. Which, harmless, theory would you wish were true? (For example Dinos living inside Earth or E.T. living in a home in California)
I thought the one about Avril Lavigne was pretty funny, that she was replaced with a body double or whatever that was. But one that I wish was true…probably something with aliens I guess. I’ve always wanted to believe in other lifeforms coming to visit us, I used to go out looking for evidence of it when I was a kid. Why not!
4. What fashion style or brand would best describe your music?
My music as a whole has many different influences and encompasses many moods. For Body Bag in particular I would have to say something sexy, very playful and Y2K like Ed Hardy, Baby Phat or Sean John.
5. Tell us more about your songs! Topics! Message!?
This current era of music that I’m in is very much a coming of age story, the topics really vary, from healing and overcoming trauma, to self discovery and sexuality. Body Bag is probably the most playful song of the bunch. It’s just about celebrating our bodies and our sexuality, whatever that looks like for you!
6. Beside music, do you have any special talents?
Well an interesting talent that not everybody knows is that I’m highly intuitive (some call it physic). I can often sense when something is going to happen before it does, or I just know when something is not right. Basically I’m very good at reading people and energies.
7. Name 5 things we all should know about you as an artist?!
1. I write all my lyrics, everything so far has been autobiographical.
2. I’m very much inspired by cinema and soundtracks.
3. I love anything dark and spooky, I think that comes through a lot in my upcoming work.
4. I pretty much listen to all genres and take inspiration from everywhere, from Rap to Metal, Bubblegum Pop to Country.
5. My music is unapologetic and unfiltered, It’s my artwork and I’m not going to hold anything back!
8. How did you learn to sing/ to write/ to play??
Writing is something I’ve always just done and enjoyed doing, I would write stories and poems in a journal from a young age and these would later become songs. For as long as I can remember I have been singing for the love of it, I would memorise lyrics religiously and practice on my karaoke machine. My earliest training came from musical theatre, that’s where I really got the initial taste for performing.
9. A question you’d like to answer, but never been asked in an interview before?! + Answer pls
That’s a good one. No one has ever really asked me about a dream collaboration! There’s obviously so many good answers for that one. Based on the fact that I’m working on my debut album and it feels like my Jagged Little Pill, I would have to pick one of my idols – Alanis Morissette. She’s an OG and such an honest and emotive artist, I love her.