Name: Manny Carter (Focus)
Hometown: New York City
Agency: Jones Model + Talent Management NY/LA
1. How did you get into modeling?
“Modeling is something I always wanted to do when I was younger. I never pursued it out of fear of failure. In 2019 i got tired of living in fear. I started taking my own pictures on my phone and posting them online. Soon after through the power of social media I was able to network and connect with so many amazing photographers and brands that have helped develop to the model i am today.”
2. What are you doing if you are not modeling?
“When I am not modeling i am a physical therapist for older adults. I am also a case manager for children with developmental disabilities.”
3. The most spontaneous/difficult/strange thing you’ve ever done?
“The most spontaneous and difficult thing I’ve ever done was pack my car 5 years ago and move to New York. I didn’t know What was waiting on me there but I knew I had to get there for the next phase in my life.”
4. What’s your life motto?
“Life isn’t about where you finish but what you learned along the way.”
5. Describe your personal style – Favorite Brands/Fragrance?!
“I would describe my style as very diverse I love my jeans just as much as I love suit and tie attire.”
“My favorite brands include billionaire boys club, Teddy Blaze and Louis Vuitton.”
“My favorite fragrance right now is Gucci Guilty.”
6. What genre of music best describes you?
“The genre of music that describes me best is old to new R&B i’m definitely an old soul with new school flavor.”
7. Where are your roots – The best thing about/to do in your hometown?
“I’m from NYC the city that never sleeps. I’m a foodie so for me the best thing about my hometown is that I can crave any food at any time of day or night and I’ll be able to find it.”
8. Name one celebrity you’d like to get naughty with!
9. Do you have any special Talents?
“I can sing in 5 languages as well as play piano.”
10. What is the most interesting thing online at the moment?
“At the moment the most interesting thing online is the music industry and lost of the rapper young. RIP Young Dolph.”
Photo credits: @only1sirjones @stunningphotographybybaaz @patrick_mphotography