1. Hello, thank you for your time, please introduce yourself in a few words!
Hey! My name is Raz and I am a Rapper/Songwriter from Toronto, Canada. I started my career off back in 2013 with a tour through Germany and I actually moved to Bonn to pursue my music dreams. I focus on the message in my lyrics and my sound is a combination of Hip-Hop (Lupe Fiasco, J. Cole, Lauryn Hill) and Stadium Rock (U2, Imagine 30 Seconds to Mars) – I haven’t found a name for my style of music so I’ve dubbed it „Stadium Hip-Hop“.
2. Please give us an update about – new single, new album, tour dates, new videos?!
My latest single „Be Okay“ just released! You can find it on Spotify, Apple Music and all other streaming platforms. The Official Music Video is also out on YouTube so go check that out as well! I have about 3 or 4 more songs coming out in the next few months as I gear up to my debut album to be released in 2021 – so stay tuned for all the new music by following me on Instagram @razmusic.co
3. Name 5 things we all should know about you as an artist?!
1) I write all of my music based on two questions; „what’s the message?“ and „how does it make people feel?“
5) I rap…but I actually mostly listen to alternative rock and singer-songwriter music (like John Mayer!)
4. What can we expect 2021 from you?
My debut album. Plus, I’ll give you guys at least 2 more singles!
5. Do you have bad habits? A guilty pleasure you can’t seem to quit?
In terms of bad habits, not sure how „bad“ it is but it always seems to really annoy my friends and family – I find myself lost in my thoughts a lot and not really wanting to speak to anyone. Then when someone asks me a question, I end up mumbling my reply very quietly to the point where no one can understand or even hear what I said. Weird right?!
Watching interviews of ex-gangsters and crime bosses sharing their stories
6. Beside music, do you have any special talents?
I actually spent most of my life playing very high level sports – I even had University scholarship offers for baseball when I finished high-school. I only switched to music in my second year of University!
7. Being on stage feels like….!
A responsibility to help others. A Privilege. Freedom.
8. Must Have – and No-Go in your Wardrobe! – Favorite Fashion Brand and Fragrance?
Must Have – Cozy Wool sweater with a high neck of some kind. A nice watch.
Fragrance – My favourite is actually burning Oud Wood. The earthy fragrance is refreshing to me and keeps you smelling fantastic all day!
9. A question you’d like to answer, but never been asked in an interview before?! + Answer pls
Q: What’s your favourite genre of music to listen to?
A: Folk and Singer/Songwriter (like Joni Mitchell, Bob Dylan or John Mayer, James Bay)