1. Hello, thank you for your time, please introduce yourself in a few words!
I’m Steven Malcolm aka Midwest Woy aka RAGEMASTER, aka low key turnt! I’m a hip hop artist from Grand Rapids Michigan who found God and was called to inspire the world with truth through the art of music.
2. Please give us an update about – new single, new album, tour dates, new videos?!
Maaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!! Listen, this album, THIS ALBUM!!!! Is about to go crazy!!! First single coming up is “On Point” featuring my brody KB! It’s about time we drop on the CHH WORLD! The tour will follow the album! It’s a must. The kids deserve to RAGE!
3. Name 5 things we all should know about you as an artist?!
- I’m real, I’ve come from nothing so when people meet me they are always blown away with how chill and humble
- I am, which is funny because its just me being me.
- I’m transparent, not afraid to share my ups and downs, imperfections and downfalls. I’ll never put on a mask for others.
- I’m a man with a solid faith. I let my life speak for itself…I truly practice what I’m out here preaching and i stand firm on it…
- I’m dedicated and have a story to tell…
4. What fashion style or brand would best describe your music?
Fear Of God, If you don’t know, get hip….
5. Tell us more about your songs! Topics! Message!?
My records are all about my life nowadays. I’ve been through such a crazy journey in life that I have to tell it. My faith is what pushes me to tell my story. The redemption I experienced drives me to share that same experience.
6. Beside music, do you have any special talents
Boxing, basketball, and sketching
7. Being on stage feels like….!
MY ELEMENT!!!!! Before music I dedicated my life to basketball. I’d be up day and night shooting around at ymcas, gave my LIFE to the court…never really seeing any fruit or reaping reward. Then the day came when i stepped on stage at a hip hop church in 2011. I was 20 years old and felt what it feels like for your passion to truly make an impact!
8. How did you learn to sing/ to write/ to play??
Growing up where I came from it just came natural. Cats was always rapping around me whether it was family or friends, so after a while I started jumping in the cyphers and doing my ting.
9. A question you’d like to answer, but never been asked in an interview before?! + Answer pls
If you weren’t a believer what would you be doing?
Probably be a police officer with multiple baby mamas, running around over 30 always trying to be the young hip guy….lost