1. Hello, thank you for your time, please introduce yourself in a few words!
Hey! I’m an artist from Leighton Buzzard and I go by RESPONS.
2. Tell us a bit more about the new EP and ‚Scars‘ video.
So the EP is the first project I’ve dropped, and it’s really just a dialogue for me, on mental health, of those around me and my own mental health. It’s a hip hop project for sure but with pop hooks. With the scars video, I did it with AmityBloc who are very sick! We actually did the video remotely during lockdown, and my mum and sister filmed a lot of it haha.
3. Name 5 things we all should know about you as an artist.
I’m a rapper and singer. I’m very obsessed with late 90s-early 00s hip hop so I definitely think my music takes a lot of inspiration from that. I just really want to be honest and real in everything I write, and that there’s a lot more coming!
4. What should we look out for from RESPONS for the rest of the year?
Just a lot more music, we are working on the second EP right now, which I’m proper excited about, and then just a lot of shows once this madness ends and we can go outside again haha.
5. Do you have any bad habits? A guilty pleasure you can’t seem to quit?
Oh yeah crisps. I’ll bang 7/8 packets no question. Carbs in general really. Best get that sorted really or I could be in trouble.
6. Besides music, do you have any other special talents?
No I don’t think so haha. I used to play football and for a while I was convinced I was very decent, but I was most definitely like in the shit to average sector. I know a lot about football though, whether that’s a talent or not I do not know.
7. Being on stage feels like….?
Honestly it’s just a big high. It’s a strange one to explain, you just feel like really safely and legally high.
8. What’s a must have and a no-go in your wardrobe? Your favourite fashion brand and fragrance?
I’m a big hoodie man, so I have a load of hoodies, like with big prints on the back and proper baggy. I recently brought a bucket hat but I have a wham head, so that’s a pretty big no go for me. Favourite brand right now is probably Obey and favourite fragrance is Gio Armani.
9. What’s a question you’d like to answer, but have never been asked in an interview before?
Something big, like ask me about God and let’s have a discussion. But I know that it would probably be a long one haha.