1. Hello, thank you for your time, please introduce yourself in a few words!
Hey I’m Ramzi a Pop Soul singer songwriter from London, originally from Lagos, Nigeria.
2. Please give us an update about – new single, new album, tour dates, new videos?!
My latest single is a heartfelt ballad called „Amazing“ which is out now! This month I’ve got live dates in London and Coventry and planning to go on tour next year. I’m always releasing new video content on YouTube, Instagram and TikTok! @Ramziofficial on all socials!
3. Name 5 things we all should know about you as an artist?!
I make soulful and eclectic music which incorporates my tools as a multi-instrumentalist, music producer and someone with a multi-cultural background.
4. What fashion style or brand would best describe your music?
I like to keep it classic! Leather jacket, t-shirt and jeans for my uptempo tracks and suits and blazers over turtle necks for the ballads.
5. Tell us more about your songs! Topics! Message!?
I write a lot about love, not just in the romantic sense but in general. One of my songs „Right There“ applies to family members, friends as well as loved ones. Some of my slower material talks about issues like war and making the world a better place. I’ve had my share of heartbreak so there also some break-up topics in there. I try to keep most of the up-tempo stuff light and feel-good 🙂
6. Beside music, do you have any special talents?
Well I definitely have a special talent at being clumsy haha! I think I’m pretty good at Martial Arts and a decent cook! Growing up I use to be really good at drawing but it’s been a long time since I tried that!
7. Being on stage feels like….!
It’s a special feeling that can’t be matched when you’re on stage and the audience connects with your performance or sings along to your music. It’s amazing to see all the work done in the studio behind closed doors come to life on stage!
8. How did you learn to sing/ to write/ to play??
Honestly I never learnt to sing. I just started doing it! But as I got older I worked on my technique and listening to great singers like Donny Hathaway and Brian Mcnknight influenced me majorly. Writing also came naturally to me and got better the more I did it and the more I learnt from other writers I worked with. I learnt to play young when my mum got me a guitar teacher back in Lagos. Once I started I was hooked!
9. A question you’d like to answer, but never been asked in an interview before?! + Answer pls
What would be a special moment for you?
Maybe its a bit cliche, but it would have to be to win a Grammy and sing at the Grammys in front of the biggest artists who I admire!
Your Instagram: @ramziffocial