1. Hello, thank you for your time, please introduce yourself in a few words!
Hello guys, thanks for having me ! My name is Oscar, I’m 24 and I’m from Paris. I write music, and produce- mix-record mostly everything in my bedroom.
2. Please give us an update about – new single, new album, tour dates, new videos?!
Well, I just put out an album (playlist) including 28 songs. In 2020, I set myself the challenge to release one pack (2songs + a bonus) every month for a year. It has been sooo intense, didn’t sleep much to be honest ahah but I did it. So I just released the full playlist, including all of the songs plus a new one, called Home of Sanity (the playlist). A new music video is going to drop in a week 😉 And I’ll announce a few dates for the summer too on my instagram (@oscarantonmusic).
3. Name 5 things we all should know about you as an artist?!
Ok, here we go :
- – The first concert I went to was a Coldplay show in Paris, when i was 13. I realized that « Chris Martin »could be a full time job, so that’s my goal ever since.
- – I do everything from my bedroom, music, video editing, zoom interviews. Don’t know what pants feel like.
- – My mom shoot almost all of my music videos.
- – I’m always drinking tea when I’m producing, fast life.
- – My sister is more talented than me (@petiteclementine)
4. What fashion style or brand would best describe your music?
I think I love the 90’s. I like to keep it really simple, a pair of jeans, converse and a shirt or sweatshirt. I really love fashion but I think the best style is the simplest one. However, you might see me wearing a full pink leather outfit if I’m invited to a red carpet somehow. I mean come on, it may be the ONLY place I can do that.
5. Do you have bad habits? A guilty pleasure you can’t seem to quit?
I think Instagram could become a bad habit if you use it too much. I love the platform but I do spend too much time on it. But yep, it’s still in progress.
6. Beside music, do you have any special talents?
Well, not really aha. But I do love sports, used to play tennis a lot when I was younger, and I surf a lot too. I’m really good at scaring my little sister too.
7. Being on stage feels like….!
For me, being on stage is the reward of the countless hours spent in the studio making songs. You worked sooo hard making the best songs possible and now you get to share them with real people. This is where the connexion happen between you and the people supporting your music. I feel so luck having the chance to go up on stage.
8. Must Have – and No-Go in your Wardrobe! – Favorite Fashion Brand and Fragrance?
My must have is a definitely a black hoodie. It can go with literally anything : for a studio session, a date, a dinner with your date’s family, a weekend at your date’s family house .. should I keep going ?
My no-go is surprisingly not obvious for everyone : crocs. Like, really why ? First, if you don’t put sock on you might see a few toes in between the little plastic holes, and that’s never a good idea. And if you do have socks on then .. come on crocs and socks .. Ugh.
I don’t have a favorite brand, it’s always changing. But right now I really like AMI (from Paris), Antwerp (Belgium) or Jaded London. For perfume, I still use the same since I’m 17 I think ahah, Free by Calvin Klein.
9. A question you’d like to answer, but never been asked in an interview before?! + Answer pls
Would you rather live with a penguin’s tail or bark every time you need to laugh. We spent a lot of time reflecting on this the other day with my friends, cause the answer is not that easy really. On the first case you
can hide it but you’ll always have to wear long coats, or shirts, but on the other hand you can’t stop yourself from laughing (barking) but people might just get use to it. But I think I’d say the penguin tail though. Please forward me any other « would you rather », I love it.
Thank you guys for having me !! And see u soon 🙂
Photo: Ludovic James