Name: Lee Kotze
Hometown: Cape Town, South Africa
Agency: Sync Model Management (South Africa)
1. How did you get into modeling?
Always use to sit and watch FashionTV for hours and loved the chaos and how the models always got to dress up and become different “characters” for every show and shoot. I went to a few agencies in Cape Town but no one wanted to sign me. I ended up posing for photographer friends and started booking gigs on my own as I got to know the industry people.
2. What are you doing if you are not modeling?
I am actually a full time contemporary dancer but besides that I also run my own business back home where I create evening wear for women for special events. So I run between dancing, designing and modeling 😛
3. The most spontaneous/difficult/strange thing you’ve ever done?
Getting on stage at a club and pole dancing for three tracks.
4. What do you love on Social Media? – What do you hate on Social Media?
I think it’s pretty amazing that we can follow and stay in contact with people from all over the world and connect using social media. The down side for me is that at the same time it feels that social media is separating us because people feel the need to be like the image the see on social media. It also feels like sometimes people become so competitive with one another, trying to see who’s got more likes, who had the most followers, who’s the next big influencer… I mean it’s all great but there’s more to it than just that, let’s just connect with more people rather than compete.
5. Describe your personal style – Favorite brands and fragrance?
I like to say that my style is the baby of Rihanna and Kanye West. The I don’t give a F### Rihanna has and the many messages Kanye always creates to make people think. I don’t see gender in clothing so I like to put looks together that leave people thinking. I always say if they have something to say, be it good or bad, you’re on the right track because then you’ve made them think.
6. Describe yourself in 3 words:
7. Where are your roots – The best thing about/to do in your hometown?
I’m from Cape Town in South Africa and I must say there’s no beach like Clifton 3rd during the summer time.
8. Name one celebrity youd like to get naughty with!
9. Do you have any special Talents?
Dancing in stilettos
10. What is the most interesting thing online at the moment?
The fact that everyone wants to be influencers now. It’s so crazy, and the funny part is that everyone is trying to be the same no one is different and themself anymore.