Hello, thank you for your time, please introduce yourself in a few words!
Hi, thank you for having me. My name is FVZ (Pronounced “Fuzz”) and I am a Canadian DJ, songwriter and record producer based in Toronto. I make dance, pop and electronic music. Also, I try to have all of my songs upbeat & and full of energy while featuring different singers.
Please give us an update about – new single, new album, tour dates, new videos?!
I recently released my second single called “The Judge” featuring Liel Bar-Z and it’s a pop/dance song with a lot of funk influence. I’ve used a lot of my memories from childhood playing in different jazz bands to this song and hope it’s as much fun for you as it was for my making the song.
There is going to be a story driven cinematic music video released for this song in mid May but that’s all I can say for now since I don’t want to ruin the surprise.
3. Name 5 things we all should know about you as an artist?!
- Always make upbeat and dance driven songs
- I collaborate with different singers & songwriters for almost every songs
- I aspire to be the headlining act at world famous music festivals such as Tomorrowland
- My sound is global and I like to release songs with artists in different genres (Reggaeton, house,…)
- I like to be incharge of my brand and consider myself an artist entrepreneur
4. What fashion style or brand would best describe your music?
Brands like Zara, H&M, Holister, Adidas, and Ray Ban.
I really like bright and loud colours when I’m picking outfits, at the same time not too flashy. I tend to keep my pants simple either going with black or blue jeans and try to have my hoodie or shoes do most of the talking. And finally I like to finish the whole outfit with round sunglasses.
5. Do you have bad habits? A guilty pleasure you can’t seem to quit?
I love eating unhealthy foods and snacks during the winter. Here’s what happens in a year: Once the summer is over and the weather is getting colder, I start to eat a lot of ice cream, fries, takeout food and usually end up gaining 20lbs. But once the weather starts to warm up and we get closer to summer, I start eating healthy and work out and end up losing the 20 lb of weight I gained earlier. This happens every year :/
6. Beside music, do you have any special talents?
I’ve been told that I’m a pretty good negotiator since a young age. I remember bargaining about things like what grades I should be aiming for in elementary school with my parents. Arguing over things like doing more chores instead of trying to get A+ for all of my classes.
7. Being on stage feels like….!
It feels like magic. It makes you feel powerful, makes you want to show the fans what you’ve been working on for so long. There is no other feeling that comes close to having the attention of a big crowd and hearing their sound of the cheers.
8. Must Have – and No-Go in your Wardrobe! – Favorite Fashion Brand and Fragrance?
I love shoes, I don’t think I can ever have too many shoes. For every outfit a cool pair of shoes are definitely a must have and so far Adidas and Vans have been doing the most for me.
At the same time, Crocs & hats are definitely a no-go for me! I simply cannot wear hats because I can’t seem to fit my head in one with the long curly hair I got. And for Crocs, they just seem really unfashionable to me.
9. A question you’d like to answer, but never been asked in an interview before?! + Answer pls
Question: Where would you like to hear your music being played?
2 major places that I want my music to be played.
First is the World Cup. I’m a really big soccer fan and it would absolutely be a dream to be the artist behind one of the world cups. Performing in front of international crowds and inspiring the future generations.
Second is a Fifa game. From the earliest memory I have, Fifa was always the game that my brother and I always competed in. The game always featured cool and edgy soundtracks and I have made it one of my career goals to have a song featured in it. How cool would it be playing a game you love and hearing your song being featured in it.