1. Hello, thank you for your time, please introduce yourself in a few words!
Hi! I’m Dawson and I am a music producer and vocalist who release music as dawsonLIED!
2. Please give us an update about – new single, new album, tour dates, new videos
Nothing too concrete yet bet I do have a music video in the works as well as a new single. Hopefully working on an album by early 2022.
3. Name 5 things we all should know about you as an artist?
There is nothing really crazy to know about me artist-wise. So here are some cool Dawson facts. Pay attention there is a test after the interview. One, I am a Virgo. Two, I like spicy food (Like really spicy. It’s a problem). Three, I prefer french toast over waffles and pancakes. Four, I don’t own a pair of regular jeans and I don’t own a pair of shorts (Never will and never want to). Finally, I wash my hands religiously (Like I always have to have them clean. No exceptions).
4. What fashion style or brand would best describe your music?
I’d have to say Off-White. Especially with the fall-winter 2021 collection. It has a confident vibe. Plus it really fits my taste in clothes too.
5. Tell us more about your songs! Topics! Message?
I sing about anything and everything! I always try to write songs from my experiences because I only care about keeping them real. I try to avoid being phony at all costs because I think it’s tacky. Lately, I’ve been feeling pretty confident about myself and that seems to be the direction my music is taking for now!
6. Besides music, do you have any special talents?
I have too many hobbies to count. I’m not particularly amazing at any of them, but I like keeping myself busy. In my free time, I like to program, do digital art, dance, skateboard, write, and draw.
7. Being on stage feels like….!
Solitary. I’ve only ever been on stage a couple of times but every time you oddly feel alone. I guess that might just be my way of coping with a bunch of people staring at me though, haha!
8. How did you learn to sing/ to write/ to play??
I learned it all by myself, but I did have a bit of a headstart from having both of my parents in bands and playing shows ever since I was a kid.
9. A question you’d like to answer but have never been asked in an interview before?! + Answer pls
„If you were unable to music ever again what would you pursue instead?“ The answer is probably something artistic. I probably would go crazy on drawing and painting and all visual mediums. I just love creating things from scratch. As far as „boring jobs“ go I would just keep going down the path I am now until something sticks.