1. Hello, thank you for your time, please introduce yourself in a few words!
Thank you for having me! I’m Aaron Lee from Australia and my artist name is AIRPORTS. I make “DIY pop” which basically means I write, sing and produce myself.
2. Please give us an update about – new single, new album, tour dates, new videos?!
I’m putting out a bunch of singles this year, the first two that have come out are called “Don’t Sleep Anymore” (a lofi pop/rap banger) and “U FEEL IT 2” a sunset feel good ear warmer. Both have music videos I made during isolation which I’m quite proud of – on my YouTube
3. Name 5 things we all should know about you as an artist?!
- I have survived 2 rare, life threatening diseases
- I live next to the beach but can’t swim
- I’ve landed 2 kickflips
- I mostly write, produce and mix all of my own songs. I do all my own design & art too.
- Before starting AIRPORTS, I grew up in punk bands, hip hop groups and then was an EDM DJ.
4. What else can we expect from you in 2020?
I’m dropping a podcast very soon based around self development as a creative, and personal experiences with everything from health, to business, to cults to the music industry.
Stay up to date on Spotify:
5. Do you have bad habits? A guilty pleasure you can’t seem to quit?
Talking about myself. Leo things.
6. Beside music, do you have any special talents?
I own a niche music company and love business, marketing, branding. So I guess ‘entrepreneurialism’ ?
7. Being on stage feels like….!
The most fun every (if the crowds rowdy)! My fav adrenaline hit!
8. Must Have – and No-Go in your Wardrobe! – Favorite Fashion Brand and Fragrance?
Must Have: Good shoes – ALWAYS!
No Go: White shirts. I just don’t feel like white tops work on me.
Fav brand: Don’t have one tbh
Fragrance: I only use this stick deodorant by an Aussie startup called ASUVI. It smells great and eliminates the need for perfume. Ethical & Environmental too! #PLANTGANG #pleasesponsorme.
9. A question you’d like to answer, but never been asked in an interview before?! + Answer pls
Ooo, good one! Ok.. “What’s your life purpose?” Answer: Innovate Music, Influence Popular Culture, Save Lives. I have a tattoo for it.