1. Hello, thank you for your time, please introduce yourself in a few words!
Hey! My name is Jonathan Zarola, and I write, produce, and perform under the moniker UNBLOOM.
2. Please give us an update about – new single, new album, tour dates, new videos?!
‚Chances‘ is my latest release, and you can find it on all streaming platforms (including Youtube). We’ll have live dates to announce shortly, so follow me on all my socials and stay tuned!
3. Name 5 things we all should know about you as an artist?!
1) I’m a perfectionist in the worst of ways; I labour over minuscule parts for hours on end just to make sure it sounds „right“ — It’s a blessing and a curse haha
2) I started my music career as a drummer for jazz and funk bands in high-school before transitioning into production
3) I record everything myself in my home studio; All the vocals, instruments, and sounds are recorded by yours truly.
4) I have an incredibly fun live show, in which I’m banging on drum-pad triggers and sample pads to activate certain sequences in my songs. People really engage with an artist when they can physically see the artist perform the material.
5) Non-music related, but I actually have a Masters degree in English literature and criticism. I never went to school for music production! haha
4. What can we expect 2018 from you?
More shows, more collaborations, and more music. I’m gonna do my best to make 2018 a worthwhile year for fans and critics alike.
5. Do you have bad habits? A guilty pleasure you cant seem to quit?
My worst habit is working into the night and not getting enough sleep, but I wouldn’t call that a guilty pleasure haha That being said, I do love my late night snacking…maybe the two go hand-in-hand?
6. Beside music, do you have any special talents?
I am really comfortable speaking in front of large groups of people; I would consider myself a very confident communicator.
7. Being on stage feels like….!
An adrenaline rush straight to the head and heart. I absolutely love being on stage and making people dance and emotionally engage with each other.