1. Hello, thank you for your time, please introduce yourself in a few words!
Hey, my name’s Shakota and I recently just moved to London to pursue my music career.
2. Please give us an update about – new single, new album, tour dates, new videos?!
After releasing my debut EP ’Notes 2 Self’ I recently just released my new single ‘Mon Fleur’
3. Name 5 things we all should know about you as an artist?!
1. I am inspired heavily by the likes of Rex Orange County, Tyler the Creator and other indie artists
2. I only started creating music in September of last year
3. Lockdown inspired me to make music
4. I love jazz chords in my songs
5. My stage name Shakota is named after a Fanta flavour, (the blue one)
4. What fashion style or brand would best describe your music?
Fashion I’d relate to music would probably be either Stussy, Palace or other skate brands as my music is laid back and relaxed, such as the ’skater aesthetic’
5. Do you have bad habits? A guilty pleasure you can’t seem to quit?
Bad habits, none
6. Beside music, do you have any special talents?
Only other talents I have beside music is Skateboarding.
7. Being on stage feels like….!
Being on stage is the best feeling, can relax and just be in the moment when performing.
8. Must Have – and No-Go in your Wardrobe! – Favorite Fashion Brand and Fragrance?
As said before favourite fashion brands are all skate brands but also love Burberry. Also loyal to Nike for all my shoes.
9. A question you’d like to answer, but never been asked in an interview before?! + Answer pls
Question I’d liked to answer is, (what’s the best part about being a professional musician if you can become one?
Answer: That I can wake up whenever I want to everyday and do what I love.