1. Hello, thank you for your time, please introduce yourself in a few words!
My name is KANDY, born & raised in New York & I’m here to take over the pop/edm scene while being a voice for people who haven’t yet found theirs.
2. Please give us an update about your new track ‘Upside Down’ – what inspired the release?
“Upside Down” is about the constant battle between someone being too toxic but you can’t seem to stop loving them.
3. What five things should we know about you as an artist?
My biggest inspiration is Lady Gaga. I’m very inspired by all things art. I started off as a raver myself. I’m a proud member of the LGBT community & I’m an extremely passionate person.
4. What can we expect in 2020 from you?
Since the unfortunate spread of COVID-19 a lot of my plans have been put on hold but that will not stop the music from coming out! I have a lot of new stuff coming soon:)
5. Do you have bad habits? A guilty pleasure you can’t seem to quit?
I’m so upset I started Juuling. It’s my worst habit that I can’t seem to break. Still working on it!
6. Beside music, do you have any special talents?
My whole life my friends have told me that I’m able to jump into anything & do it well. I pride myself on being able to adapt to things quickly!
7. Being on stage feels like….!
The most exhilarating thing on earth. An outer body experience.
8. You seem to have fun with your look not only on-stage but off, too! Tell us your “must have” – and “no-go” – that you have in your Wardrobe!
Fashion is a huge part of me & I plan to launch my own clothing line when the time is right! My must have is my Doc Marten boots because you can pair them with anything! My “No-go” definitely has to be anything minimalistic. I like big loud clothes.
9. What is your favourite fashion brand and fragrance that makes you feel fabulous?
I’m a huge Alexander McQueen fanatic. My favorite fragrance that I currently wear is Versace.
10. Finally, tell us where you see yourself in 5 years time…
Playing the biggest stages around the world, sitting at the grammys, collaborating with the biggest artists, owning my own fashion line & being a voice for my community.