1. Hello, thank you for your time, please introduce yourself in a few words!
I’m Leif, I make weird noises when I’m alone in my room. Sometimes I make music too.
2. Please give us an update about – new single, new album, tour dates, new videos?!
BIG FAT NEW SINGLE came out on the 5th of Feb so that’s exciting as I was really keen to have this released this year! As far as other exciting things goes there’s a few things that, and I hate when people use this saying, are ‚in the pipeline‘ for this year – kickstarting a clothing/skate brand, other releases and videos etc, should be a good’un! Also hopefully as society returns to normal we can all get out and have one giant constant party all year and rejoice in musical gatherings.
3. Name 5 things we all should know about you as an artist?!
Oooh that’s tough I’m not even sure I know 5 things about myself but I’ll try:
1. As someone who’s had depression as long as I can remember, I love the over romanticisation of feeling sadness and almost yearning for it. I think it makes for good stories to listen to/ watch.
2. I haven’t really shared this with anyone other than my friends let alone the web, but I was only this year diagnosed with ADHD which I suppose has offered a bit of insight into why I do/ have done certain things. It helped me understand my behaviour through school too.
3. I like money which is funny cos I have none.
4. I will wear as little clothes as possible given the opportunity – they’re an uncomfortable inconvenience.
5. I never really had any games consoles growing up so I missed out on the whole Call of Duty-with-your-friends thing.
4. What fashion style or brand would best describe your music?
I’d definitely say along the lines of streetwear/ skate type clothing. But also minimal. It’s kinda weird. I JUST LIKE THINGS THAT LOOK GOOD. There’s a designer called Heliot Emil that isn’t particularly well known but creates amazing garms
5. Do you have bad habits? A guilty pleasure you can’t seem to quit?
The holy grail of street credibility – vaping. If I don’t have my vape nearby at all times I get vapexiety in case I can’t get that sweet nicotinous nectar my body craves.
6. Beside music, do you have any special talents?
I wouldn’t really call it a special talent but people say you can’t fold a piece of A4 paper more than 7 times I think it is, but I can fold myself into an A4 sheet of paper and then fold that 9 times so I’m about the size of a piece of lego.
7. Being on stage feels like….!
Being on stage feels like I have no idea because I haven’t really been on stage at all yet. Not any of great significance anyway other than small gig nights years ago, but nothing for the music I’m making now. SOON THOUGH!
8. Must Have – and No-Go in your Wardrobe! – Favourite Fashion Brand and Fragrance?
A must have in my wardrobe is an all-black outfit – preferably black suit trousers, black t shirt, and black doc martens. A no-go in my wardrobe would possibly be a rogue pair of my sisters tights that I haven’t been arsed to move. I say they’re a no-go but I have every intention of reclining on a Friday night in a semi-conscious state of intoxicating fashionable bliss wearing nothing but those tights. Maybe golden hoop earrings. Fragrance wise – I scour my garden for mischievous elves and chase them until their tiny bodies perspire. I then capture them in pink fluffy cages and shake gently until the cage collects their magical perspiration. Just 1% of their perspiration contains enough enchanted elven essential body oil to make 10,000 bottles of the finest cologne.
9. A question you’d like to answer, but never been asked in an interview before?! + Answer pls
How long is a piece of string? To which I would answer „twice the length from the centre to the end“. I heard that once and thought well done whoever came up with that work-around. Great work.