Name: Jose Velasquez
Height: 6.04 ft
Hometown: San Isidro Costa Rica
Agency: New Icon Model Management
1. How did you get into modeling?
My first opportunity doing fashion came to me at 24 in New York.
2. What are you doing if you are not modeling?
Work on my own projects like my Hoodie Line called Hyper, take acting classes, training, or just chilling at home.
3. The most spontaneous/difficult/strange thing you’ve ever done?
Moving to Mexico City without knowing that experience would change my life in so many ways. It was a risky move at that time, I was testing my luck with just some savings and aspirations to spread my wings.
4. What’s your life motto?
Keep your eyes in the prize.
5. Describe your personal style – Favorite Brands/Fragrance?
My personal style is really minimalist and sporty. Most of the time I´m training or running around places working, so I try to be comfortable but always looking good for any occasion. I love wearing black or white; it’s always a must. Dolce Gabbana and Balmain are my favorite brands and for a fragrance I would recommend 212 by Carolina Herrera.
6. What genre of music best describes you?
I think House Music. It can be mellow but also can put you in a perfect state of mind. That’s me all the time.
7. Where are your roots – The best thing about/to do in your hometown?
I come from a small town called San Isidro in Costa Rica, has very warm weather and fantastic people. The beach is nearby you can enjoy eco turism, hit up the canopy, horseback riding or hiking; It’s a place to really enjoy and connect with nature.
8. Name one celebrity you’d like to get naughty with!
Rihanna. She´s awesome.
9. Do you have any special Talents?
I can act and really enjoy dancing.
10. What is the most interesting thing online at the moment?
I think how every business around the world is coping with coronavirus. It’s interesting to see how every industry is innovating to meet their customer´s expectations. Hopefully we can be out there soon.
Shoot by Fabian Moreaux @hautemoreaux
MUA: Ekatherina Alvarez @eka_makeuplooks