1. Please describe yourself and your brand and its evolution in the past seasons.
I have started DER FEINE HERR after my studies in 2013. I was looking for a nice tie, but I couldn ́t find one in the high street. So I decided to create one on my own. After this I made a tie for one of my friends and that ́s how the business started. Over time I added more and more products such as bow ties, cufflinks, and handkerchiefs to my product portfolio.
2. Best and toughest part of designing men ́s accessories.
I really like the process of creating something new and at the end of the day you have a completed product in your hand. The toughest part is the manual work that is needed for the products and this needs a lot of attention to detail as well as patience.
3. What sources of inspiration are your biggest influence?
I am inspired by a lot of things. While traveling around the world I am gathering a lot of inspiration. And I am always looking for new fabrics and patterns to design new products.
4. What was your favorite collection so far?
My favorite collection so far was the Nippon Collection. I have been travelling through Japan and collecting lots of nice fabrics with typical Japanese patterns and the typical indigo color. I really fell in love with this beautiful country that has a lot to offer when it comes to kitchen, culture and of course fashion.
5. How much of your success do you credit to the education you had?
I have not done an education as a tailor, but my studies in industrial design and engineering were very helpful for my business today.
6. What genre of music best describes your collection?
That ́s a difficult question, as my collections are really different. While sewing I listen mostly to Alternative and Indie music and the occasional Hip Hop.
7. How do you choose your models for your shows and campaigns?
So far, I have not yet been working with a lot of professional models. Mostly I am working with good friends and personal contacts.
8. Do you have any favorite male model?
I am not really familiar with famous male models, but in general I prefer the rough guys from next door that really represent a strong character and not the ones from the glossy magazines.
9. Where do you plan to take your brand next?
I am working hard to make my brand more famous and my dream would be to establish a nice flagship store.
10. Beside fashion – do you have any special talents?
I just discovered a hidden talent of mine, when it comes to baking bread. I have made a sourdough which I keep at home and from time to time I am baking delicious bread for my friends and they seem to like it 😉